So this step of the renovations are finished. The next MAJOR step is the railing and stairs, more dust and debris. The house is coming into its own for 2010.
I don’t know why, but I feel very unrelaxed and since I heard a Christmas commercial and then came upon this pattern in my sewing room reorganization:
It’s this pattern from Suzanne’s Art House. I am making a Santa one and so last night I took out all my Christmas fabric and chose the colours and started cutting and then continued on this morning. The pattern really caters to strip piecing but it is also giving me the chance to try out the Angler 2, which I bought last year and have yet to use it. I have to make 36 diaganols on blocks…errr…double that.
My first few were terrible but I am happy with it and it is so much easier than marking and struggling to see the stitching line :(. You may notice that I put it on upside down :(…however it is symmetrical so I don’t think that is causing me any problems. Of course I have to test out the new sewing arrangement and I think that I have got the perfect sewing triangle setup that is working like a charm:
Cutting to sewing to ironing or Cutting to ironing to sewing but all in a triangle with enough space not to be always bumping into everything. Well, back to angling 😉