Now they might look like much, but each flower has about 6 pieces. I really like the technique and will continue to practice it. I am going to make all kinds of flowers to practice with. The next step is to use the sewing machine and quilt around and in the flowers and that will be a process in creativity. I then did the leaves, but last night the teacher had an applique pressing mat that is made of teflon. I don’t have one and ordered one today ;), but I thought of a kitchen tool that I have, a non-stick silicone baking mat, so I tried it out and it is heat resistant. It worked for one process but I am going to make another flower and see if the whole process works. Because I’m not sure if my kitchen mat has teflon in it I will be careful….I will continue to experiment.
I am going to machine quilt my christmas wallhanging tonight and hope to finish it soon.